AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Loud pipes save lives BS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

racinfarmer
Posted 4/17/2018 20:06 (#6716155 - in reply to #6714460)
Subject: RE: Loud pipes save lives BS

CND - 4/16/2018 21:47

I am avid snowmobiler. Snowmobiles can be made loud too no doubt but what I have noticed the last few seasons is a push by manufacturers and consumers toward stock noise levels on our snowmobiles. I think this is a good move as we do share our riding in the backcountry and trails with many other winter time enthusiasts that are not riding sleds.

Just my opinion but after living in a mid size town for five or six years bikers are the worst. I always thought if they like the noise so much so they should run a flex hose directly from the header to their own ear!

I've explained to riders before that I can close down the snowmobile trail across my private property because I'm sick of loud sleds. They go to the Harley and truck argument. I can't close down the public road because of loud bikes and vehicles on the street at midnight.

Then they usually resort to the weight savings element, which is bull, before finally resorting to the right to free speech so I'm having a loud sled argument.

And I too live in town close enough to a stoplight that I have really learned to despise loud vehicles.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)