AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cold April fun facts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

buford
Posted 4/16/2018 15:52 (#6713639 - in reply to #6713608)
Subject: RE: Cold April fun facts

Just gleaning through some of the above April facts. 1972 and 73 , one of those were darn short crop turning hot after wet spring. Also 1972 I was on a bus in Nebraska that spring and we went by a big feedlot where the bigger fat cattle were so exhausted from the mud that they opened the fence up and the steers walked out to the highway and laid down. They were so full of mud and you could see there were some stuck out there and some that they had already pulled out that didn't make it. They took a payload er and pushed a couple of them aside so traffic could go through. Sad deal. 1983 is in those facts....most of you have heard about that, we mudded it in and then it quit raining. 1993 is in there and I know that western Minnesota disked a bunch of corn under the middle of September. Crop insurance required that they destroy it by a certain date.....I do not know if it was a late planting season for sure but I kind of think so. 1982 is in there and that year things kinda turned out OK, not a disaster anyway. Edit to say: The 1993 corn in Minnesota froze the first week of September. They were required to leave test strips for adjuster but destroy the rest.

Edited by buford 4/16/2018 15:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)