AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble Roll Calibration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

premoj
Posted 4/17/2018 09:17 (#6715131 - in reply to #6714883)
Subject: RE: Trimble Roll Calibration

To add... I'm guessing that you have done some of this already, but after calibrating the tractor, check the planter for drafting, I have seen it too many times where customers are blaming the tractor when the planter is not following true. Easiest way to check is drive the planter lifted down the ab line, turn around and come back, if there is any difference then figure out if the issue (are wheels not set exactly the same, is the drawbar or 3 pt swaying) is in the tractor or implement side. Then put the planter in the ground with the markers up and do the same down and back, if there is any difference either add a draft offset or find what is the issue (the planter should have a mirror image for EVERYTHING, trash cleaners, press wheels, fertilizer coulters anything ground interacting, if there is a leading something, on one side it needs to be the opposite on the other side of the planter). Lastly repeat with ONE marker down at a time. This is hard to correct by measurements, usually at that point I use them sparingly (at ends of field for a visual).

Hope this is helpful.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)