AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble Roll Calibration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bcochran79
Posted 4/16/2018 12:27 (#6713352 - in reply to #6712637)
Subject: RE: Trimble Roll Calibration

South Georgia
Sorry if I left out some crucial information. My tractor has Autopilot installed. We use RTK correction, and the base station is at our shop. We should be in the best possible shape.

I typically use a plum bob, a straight edge, and some chalk and do the test on the driveway at my Dad’s house, as it is a good level surface. Unfortunately, we bolted the duals on before I got a chance to check it out and now it won’t really fit on the driveway.

I have tried the pry bar method, but I have always found that small inconsistencies in the dirt can make the prybar track to one side as much as an inch or more. It is important that I get the roll cal right so that I don’t end up incorporating any roll cal error into my equipment offset for the planter. I have run into this before and it can be very frustrating.

The tractor (8420) I’m testing/adjusting is used to pull a long rip strip planting rig to plant peanuts. The tractor will fall back into the peanut fields in the fall and run the peanut inverter. It is very important that it track accurately so that it can line the peanut plow back up on the drill. Any tracking error will result in peanuts that are plowed off and not harvested. They will attract feral hogs over winter or germinate the following year and be a weed in the cotton patch.
I really like this laser concept. Could you please tell me more about it?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)