AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Water in an antenna?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/15/2018 08:28 (#6710237 - in reply to #6710164)
Subject: RE: Water in an antenna?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Somewhat common from my experience. Many ag products are plagued with condensation problems due to temperature change. Some manufacturers have tried various attempts to try to keep the water out with better sealing. This has sometimes helped but much like water in your basement better sealing may not be the answer as you are trying to float the house. With a change in temperature the air pressure inside will try to match the outside air pressure which is difficult for a seal to do. Much like water in the basement in a home, sometimes a better solution is to provide a way for the water to get back out such as the popular Beaver systems.

Some products have benefited from a weep hole to allow the change in pressure to more easily take place and drain as necessary. Sometimes this is difficult not knowing which side will be down. In other cases it is quite obvious. With certain problematic situations, I've toyed with the idea of introducing a vent or weep hole myself.

The old huge Magnavox radar guns seemed to have this problem. This might be because of a strong pressure washing or just plain condensation. Sometimes opening them up and using a hair dryer or just open air with a fan dries them out enough to bring them back to life. Generally damage is done by the time you realize the problem.

Edited by tedbear 4/15/2018 08:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)