AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

starting with new lines for planting fm 750
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

H farmall
Posted 4/14/2018 19:34 (#6709434)
Subject: starting with new lines for planting fm 750

mn
I have the trimble 750 monitor with rtk. I have several guidance lines in there from years past and want to erase them all and start clean. I am thinking of mounting the 750 on the 4-wheeler and driving the borders of the field. If i do that then I would have to shift the lines over to match planter width, thus having more lines again. The other problem is that none of the fields seem to have a fence line straight enough for a straight a-b line, so what do most of you do? Plant borders of field with enough passes to make one pass with sprayer as to keep boom out of fence lines then switch to a straight a-b line and have a small skip or overlap at that point. Not a big fan of the headland mode as because when i get close to a square corner of the field it wants to make a curved corner out of it. I have sms software as well so i think i can do some editing also.
What is the best way to get fields set up cleanly while using auto steer on all passes and making it as neat and efficient as possible?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)