AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Clutch Module Configuration Failed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 4/15/2018 13:45 (#6711051 - in reply to #6710994)
Subject: RE: Clutch Module Configuration Failed

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

Hopefully, Tedbear will answer that.

I'm wondering if you might be better, to set it up as a 4 row with a 3 row splitter (make monitor "believe" you have interplant row units) = I'm trying to think of a way for the monitor's screen to "show" a more normal mapping screen = that would mean your programmed #1 row and programmed #7 row would truly be the "outside edge" of the planter and measure the same as the 4 row 38" planter width.

I don't know if this is possible, but I would think the mapping, would look more "centered". You would still have to tell the monitor, that your swath width is (4x38") = 152" or 12.666 feet.

The mapping might show a slight gap, between each pass, for a 7 row (19") programming, because it would assume a swath width of (7x19") = 133" or 11.083 feet. However, the mapping would be centered, and not just show planting to the LEFT side, with All the Right side shutoff.(if you programmed in 8 rows and shutoff the right hand side, 4 rows)

We will see if someone else has a better idea, or thoughts on this, also.

Edit: Maybe an easier method, to keep stuff "centered" is to shut off Rows 1 and 2 , then 7 and 8. Put your jumpers out on both ends, and wire row clutches to 3,4,5, and 6.(for 38" rows)

Edited by 4WD 4/15/2018 15:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)