AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Clutch Module Configuration Failed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/14/2018 14:20 (#6708734 - in reply to #6708610)
Subject: RE: Clutch Module Configuration Failed

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I'm curious as to when they use an 8 row cable with only 6 rows if they put jumpers in the unused branches or leave them unplugged. I have never tried using a cable designed for more sections than were going to be used in the configuration.

It may be that the "check" routine is designed to only check for at least the minimum number of clutches to be found and is happy if clutches are found in the correct locations. He may be OK using using only the first four branches and setting the configuration for four sections.

Since he is getting the 0-0 found, I still suspect a problem is with high current power not getting to the module and clutch branches.

I know with my personal 24 row planter. It is setup as 12-2 row sections with the non-RTK harness, I can fool the clutch module into being happy as long as a real clutch or jumper is plugged into all the odd or all the even rows. Since each section consists of two branches that cycle ON/OFF together, having a real clutch or jumper in one of the two will pass the test

I know for a time at least, the RTK harness also had the outer pair tied together. So a 12 row RTK harness had twelve branches but only 10 sections since row 1 & 2 were section 1 and rows 11 & 12 were section 10. On the other hand a 12 row non-RTK harness had 6 sections with each pair connected in parallel.

Edited by tedbear 4/14/2018 14:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)