AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Clutch Module Configuration Failed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/14/2018 12:59 (#6708524 - in reply to #6708286)
Subject: RE: Clutch Module Configuration Failed

Southern Minnesota Between Freeborn & Wells
You may need a different cable for the planter. There may be a tricky way to use the 8 row cable on a 4 row planter but I don't think so.

The reason your configuration failed is that the system literally checks for the presence of clutches at the expected locations. Apparently it found no clutches at any locations.

You may ask "how can the system know if there are clutches are attached or not" The reason that it is able to check this has to do with the fact that each clutch branch is connected to a constant "hot" wire through the 2 pole Deutsch connector. This connector must be connected to a 12 Volt source like the one powering the clutch module.

I am assuming you are using a clutch cable that splits into 8 branches. that means Pin A of every branch should be at 12V. If a connector is plugged into an actual clutch each clutch has a coil in it so that 12V returns back on Pin B. The clutch module can connect Pin B to ground when it feels that a clutch should activate to stop planting. Upon initial startup, the system watches each branch to see if 12V is present on the Pin B. If so, it assumes that a clutch is at that location. It compares the locations where it found 12V on Pin B and compares that to the configuration.

It there is an exact match no error message is presented. If not you see some type of error message. I have never worked with a 4 row planter and clutches. I don't know if 4 row planters are supported. Since your error message says 0-0 it leads me to believe that the high current power on the module and/or on the clutch harness is not connected to 12V and power. If you are connected to a gray connector you should be fine. If you are connected to a black connector, it may not have power and ground since the black connector needs to be connected to the tractor battery on the other end. There is a short black connector with battery eyes on it to connect to the battery. Even if this takes care of that problem there may be other confusion with an 8 row harness on a 4 row planter.

There may be a trick to get around this but I will not suggest it since would not be approved and may not work anyway.

It may seem that just not using the extras should work but this was not Ag Leader's intention.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)