AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader switchbox assignment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/14/2018 09:13 (#6708006 - in reply to #6707295)
Subject: RE: Agleader switchbox assignment

Southern Minnesota Between Freeborn & Wells
Reese - 4/13/2018 08:51

Agleader switchbox assignment switches F1 thru F10. In the example they are showing F2 as switch 1 Column A controlling Boom 1. And column B Controlling seed clutch 1. I just want F2 switch 1 to control Row 1 Seed Cluch and F3 switch 2 to control Row 2 SeedClutch and so on. Can I just put that info in the A column And leave The B column blank. Or do I have to have something in the B for it to work right. TIA

When you setup a configuration with an Ag Leader, the system makes its best guess as to which switches you want to do what. A good share of the time this is exactly what the operator had in mind and everything is fine. For example with a four section sprayer, it will choose Switch F1 (Master) as the overall Master and the next switches F2-F5 for the Boom sections. Since this is very likely what you have in mind this is fine. If for some reason you wanted to use different switches ,I don't know why but you could.

With more complex situations, the system will make an intelligent guess as to what you might want. This may be fine but you can change this if you wish. Many operators are not aware that the switch assignments can be changed because in many situations there is no need to.

With your system you must have the multi-product unlock or you would not be able to setup a configuration for two different products. With seed clutches the configuration will assign the Left "half" of the sections to F2 and the Right "half" for the sections to F3. It will assign the spray sections to F2- Fx as if it were a separate sprayer which it really is.

You may think this would not work correctly for auto swath but it probably would. The spray sections and seed sections will shut off independently based on when they can to be certain of coverage. The seed and spray sections could BUT do not have to be the same widths. They can be assigned to the same switches or different switches which is up to the operator.

An example of my own planter might make this clearer. I have a 24 row planter with clutches on each row. My wiring harness runs the row clutches in pairs to the planter has 12-2 row sections. This is the maximum number of sections that a single Clutch Control Module can handle. Another Clutch Control Module or two could be connected to the first Clutch Module to handle up to 36 sections (12 x 3).

My planter also has a spray system on it that is plumbed into four sections with an ON/OFF valve for each section. This portion of the configuration is identical to a four section sprayer because actually it is.

By default my configuration assigned the following: F1 - Overall Master, shutting it OFF will prevent seed and spray. F2 controls the seed sections 1-6 (left half) and the spray valve boom 1, F3 controls the seed sections 7-12 (right half) and the spray valve boom 2, F4 controls spray valve boom 3 and F5 controls spray valve boom 4.

That may seem to be incorrect but with auto swath in control and all the switches ON, it would work fine. Auto Swath for seed and spray are based on their own maps. They are really separate operations based on their own maps and measurements.

I went in and reassigned the switches. F1 still controls the overall Master, F2 now controls seed sections 1-3 ( 6 rows) and spray section boom 1 (Rows 1-6). F3 now controls seed sections 4-6 (6 rows) and spray section boom 2 (Rows 7-12). The pattern is continued for the next two switches. I also assigned F11 (far right switch to spray ON/OFF).

In normal situations, I have the Master and next four switches ON as well as the far right switch. The system behaves as desired. Auto swath shuts off the seed sections as best it can with some overlap because of the two row seed sections, The spray sections are controlled by the six row spray sections. Everything is shut off if the planter is raised because the Clutch module and the Liquid Module are both connected to an implement switch pair. In normal operations, I don't flip any switches.

So what have I gained by dong the switch rearrangement? First by assigning the spray ON/OFF to a separate switch, I have the ability to shut OFF the spray independently of the seed should I care to. I also have the ability to shut off the spray and seed sections in "quarters" of the planter should I care to. I have never actually needed to do the quarter business but I could.

But back to your actual question. No you do not need to have anything in the "B" column as long as a switch for working with the product is somewhere in the chart. This arrangement gives the operator a lot of freedom in assigning the switches as they see fit. It is even possible to reassign the Master switch to a separate hand or foot switch if desired although this is rarely done. The system will respond to whichever Master switch you have told it to watch.

Edited by tedbear 4/14/2018 09:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)