AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Magnum 245 ISO, Kinze ISO, Ag Leader InCommand, Trimble FMX, what is wrong?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

schmid
Posted 4/5/2018 21:37 (#6690212)
Subject: Magnum 245 ISO, Kinze ISO, Ag Leader InCommand, Trimble FMX, what is wrong?

ECIL
I'll try to lay this out as plainly as I can.

I bought a 2013 3660 Kinze with ISO, will be pulling it with a 2010 Magnum 245 AFS ready tractor w/ISO. Several years ago I installed an FMX in the tractor using a Trimble NAV and tying into the tractor's prewired harnesses. (For steering.)

Fast forward to today, I installed an InCommand 1200 that I will be running the planter ISO with and doing variety mapping. (this screen will move to combine later.) Unplugged CAN connector at the bottom of the tractor hitch ISO connector and isolated the tractor CAN with an AgLeader harness, then ran directly to the InCommand. I'm getting GPS to the InCommand out of the NAV. Hook planter up and no power at planter PCM or the other module.

Check fuses then find no power at either of the two positive terminals on the tractor ISO connector. The two maxi fuses behind the SMV panel are good and there is power to both of the relays back there. Only 5 volts to the relay signal wires (is this enough coming out of the ECU just above it??? I always thought that those style relays needed 12v???) Whatever is going on, these relays are not closing to get power to the ISO hitch plug or the ISO fuse behind the seat up in the cab.

What am I missing? Do I need a controller hooked into the tractor CAN/ISO system so the ECU that powers the relays knows to do it's thing? Is the Trimble NAV hooked into the tractor CAN throwing a wrench in things? Do I need to forget isolating the planter CAN from the tractor CAN? (I thought this may be a good idea so we can rule out any problems we have in the future on either piece of equipment.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit for clarity.

Edited by schmid 4/5/2018 21:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)