AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iPad for 20/20
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/2/2018 15:41 (#6681912 - in reply to #6681232)
Subject: RE: iPad for 20/20

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
farmernick - 4/1/2018 21:49

I am reposting this from Mach cause I didn't get much response there. I have been using a mini-ipad with my 20/20 when planting for several years and will probably also be using it with yield monitor this fall, so I want to replace it with something bigger and with more memory storage. As my eyes now need bifocals, I am thinking of getting a larger size ipad. I see there is a 10 inch and a 12 inch Pro size -what does everyone recommend? and how much memory would you get?

I got a iPad Pro last year but use it with Ag Leader's Agfiniti program so the memory demands may be different. I decided to go with the 9.7" instead of the larger display. The larger display just seems too big for me. As far as memory nobody could give me a straight answer. The gal at Verizon said as along as the App could be downloaded on a small memory model that should be sufficient. I couldn't seem to convince her that the data itself will take some memory but I didn't know how much. It would obviously depend on the number of acres, size of planter and other factors. I don't believe she ever worked with an App that stored its own data. I tried to explain it like pictures and music storage but she wouldn't go along with me.

I forget the memory sizes and jumps but I decided to go for more than base memory to be safe. Seems like the first jump was fairly expensive but then the jump to max memory wasn't that much more so I went for the max. I don't believe it was necessary but I can have lots of music and pictures besides my planting maps with room to spare.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)