AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ISO guidance of JD 8285R?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/2/2018 15:32 (#6681901 - in reply to #6681704)
Subject: RE: ISO guidance of JD 8285R?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
LakeView - 4/2/2018 01:27

The ISO Deere's required a 3rd party steering unlock. The AgLeader steering controller needed a $515 unlock that went strait to Deere and you also needed one from Deere that they put on the tractor. I just had one done the other day and it cost $250. The other manufacturers to my knowledge don't require an unlock for steering.

When I had my Deere 8310R wired to work with an Ag Leader display and GeoSteer, an unlock for the tractor was need which was purchased through Deere and installed by a Deere Tech. This was $250 which is less than getting the Deere unlock for Deere steering itself. The Ag Leader GeoSteer ECU also needed an unlock which was installed by an Ag Leader tech and the fee went to Ag Leader. I have heard that Ag Leader needs to send that fee to Deere.

Later I had the tractor updated to an InCommand display and SteerCommand. This too required the unlock from Deere for the tractor but I already had that so that part was fine. The Ag Leader Steer Command ECU needed an unlock again to be installed by an Ag Leader tech and the fee went to Ag Leader. I had to buy this unlock a second time because the other one went with the GeoSteer ECU wherever it ended up. I was very unhappy about having to buy the one for the SteerCommand in a sense the second time. Many trade up programs will give you the unlocks that you had on the trade in units on the new units.

Edited by tedbear 4/2/2018 15:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)