AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Setting up JD 1770NT on FMX
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/31/2018 09:13 (#6676963 - in reply to #6674367)
Subject: RE: Setting up JD 1770NT on FMX

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Since the 1770NT is such a popular planter I would think that they would have some suggested starting values. I use an Ag Leader with SureVacs on mine. The documentation gives suggested starting values and a method for reducing the hitch length since more lead time is needed with SureVacs. The suggested values work very well. Hopefully some will respond with what they have found to work with the Trimble system.

No matter whose system you use you do need to dig for the seed to check the timing. Otherwise you may be very disappointed. Also keep your entry and exit speeds consistent. The systems should adjust for different speeds from different operators but work with the system rather than against it by keeping these speeds consistent from pass to pass.

When row clutches first became popular a customer mentioned to me that he could tell where he planted and where his retired brother took over while he drove school bus. Where he planted the clutch system worked well. When his brother planted he was used to pulling in, stopping on the money, dropping the planter and then driving forward. This driving technique worked against the clutch system and resulted in less than desirable results.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)