AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 661 to GreenStar rate controller
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Greasemonkey
Posted 3/28/2018 08:03 (#6670278 - in reply to #6670184)
Subject: RE: Raven 661 to GreenStar rate controller

SE SD
tedbear - 3/28/2018 06:24

That may be it. As I recall the 661 has two different output methods for control. It uses pins 3 & 4 of the 16 pin connector like a 440 and the rest of the family. I believe there is also a PWM pin in the 14 pin connector that is connected to a heavy duty PWM circuit which was only found in the 661. The 661 was Raven's answer for Ag Chem to have a controller they could put in anything. This covered the bases since the usual pins 3 & 4 were available for those installs using more conventional controls and also the PWM pin in the 14 pin connector was available for the installs needing a heavy duty PWM. The regular PWM circuit apparently was not heavy enough for some situations such as running the large PWM valve for the bed so an additional one was added to a 661.

If your adapter cable is expecting to use pins 3 & 4 and not the one in the 14 pin connector, your bed PWM may not be getting the PWM signals to open. I think it may be pin 6 of the 14 pin connector. A Raven wiring diagram for rig or the 661 should confirm where this extra pin is.

My biggest problem is I only have the 16 pin harness. I'm assuming the PWM signal wire is in that harness, just not sure with one and what one its supposed to go on. I can plug the 16 pin back into the 661 and make the belt turn in manual and auto mode.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)