AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alcohol treatment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Funacres
Posted 3/28/2018 00:49 (#6669994 - in reply to #6669961)
Subject: RE: Alcohol treatment

Texas

PatCMO - 3/27/2018 23:24 As most of the other posters have said. He has to want to get better. I haven't had a drink for 6 1/2 years, but it was my decision and I decide every day not to drink. Patrick

Wow!  Patrick, that is such good news!  Stay the course and don't give in.  I'm sure it's very hard at times, but the commitment you have made will prove everyday to be worth the struggle.  I'm so proud of you!  I know very well the peer pressure you live in the midst of.

I suspect I was the only kid in my class of 45 that didn't drink, and you know the classrooms I grew up in.  I took a lot of heat for not being willing to "party", i.e., go get drunk after school, but I never regretted the choice.  I had classmates in grade school that were drunks, and I certainly had classmates in high school that had a problem.  Thanks to my Dad I never started, have never even tasted beer or alcoholic drink of any kind.  He told me over and over that if I didn't ever start I would never need to quit. That was good advice and my parents provided a perfect example for me to follow. 

Some of my schoolmates are dead because of drinking, and a lot of my friends since those days are also dead for the same reason.  The grief and pain inflicted on family and friends because of alcoholism is  impossible to calculate, but it certainly is severe.  I see it everyday where I live now, and it is so sad.  It is also so socially acceptable which just serves to fuel the problem.  There a very few people that I know personally that won't touch a drink, and that is devastating to the whole society.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)