AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 3/25/18*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 3/25/2018 08:45 (#6663911)
Subject: *****Weigh Ins For 3/25/18*****

Good Sunday Morning. Sun is shining, but oh so cold. At least we didn't get any of the snow that Iowa got. Thankful for that. Just don't want snow after wintering in AZ. There is still some in my back yard yet.

So sorry that I didn't reply last week. Was busy unloading the motor home, then Dave wanted a quick trip to Costco to check out computers. On Monday I finished cleaning out the motor home and just got in the house throwing the last of the bags of stuff brought in the house, in the kitchen. Dave calls me and tells me a relative from Canada on her way home from Florida was going to be stopping in. OK, no problem, but she would be here in 20 minutes, and the text to him was ten minutes ago. I hardly had time to brush my teeth. They ended up staying two days and nights. Everything worked out, but I was tired from the two hour time change and the trip home. Hopefully will be back to myself this week now.

So how is everyone doing with food and exercise. Easter is coming, do you have Easter candy laying around in the holiday bowls around the house for decorations? I do and it is hard not to eat any. I go to my mom's place and she has three dishes of candy in her little senior apartment. But yet she says she doesn't snitch any as she gave it up for Lent. I told her she should have given up sex for Lent. (she is almost 94) She laughed at that one. But there she is, telling me to have some candy. Two jelly beans and one small chocolate. Could have eaten the whole bowl. Temptations are all around us. Not only at holiday times, but all the time. You don't have to deny yourself, but just limit how much you take.

So our scale, after many years of seeing many different numbers finally died while in AZ. So I thought I better get a new one, but then thought, ugh, do I really want to see the numbers quite yet. I thought I could have said I was too busy to order it online and get another week off from weighing. But then reality set in and I sat down and ordered the same scale that worked for us for many, many years. It is a good brand and was always the same weight as the Weight Watcher scale and if wearing the same clothes, was real close to the scale at the doctor's office. So bought the same one and Dave lost 1.2 and I lost 1.8. Now we have to keep going.

Have a good week.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)