AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Headline Pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 10/3/2006 18:35 (#48490 - in reply to #48394)
Subject: if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

What struck me is that his original post is a blind post (not an answer to someone who asked about the product). He's trying to show that a product has a yield advantage and he's got yield results posted on a company website....

Maybe he's not going to gain himself, but I'd bet there is someone behind it all that is looking to gain from it.

I don't want a "farmers only" page and I have absolutely no problem with any company rep trying to answer a question even if they are promoting their own product if that is what will solve the farmers problem, but take his original post and instead of a fungicide, substitute pictures of Dawn equipment and text of Jim telling everyone how much better his was than the others in some test plot he put out. Sound familiar?

How about I put a post on with pictures of Charlie rebuilding a pond dam that another construction company didn't do right the first time, maybe add some comments about how much work he puts into getting a good seal in a key under the dam and maybe a picture or two of his excavator, dozer or scraper that just happens to have a Charlie Brunker Excavating sign on the door.

Could even post some pictures of the full blood brothers/sisters he and Jess get from flushing their show cows and how they can grow better hair in a cool room.... purely for eductional purposes of course, so other people can see how well it works and park their show trailer in the back ground so that the Day Break Cattle Company sign just happens to show up.

I'm have nothing to gain from any of that either, but it would clearly be trying to advertise.

To me it would have been a lot different if someone had asked if anyone had any experience with fungicides and if they were beneficial, but the fact that he just threw it out there promoting the product is what bothered me.

If he wasn't trying to promote the product then why post the pictures and links to the yield information?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)