AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using Ag Leader Insight for Guidance ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/23/2018 08:55 (#6659879 - in reply to #6659818)
Subject: RE: Using Ag Leader Insight for Guidance ?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I used Insights with the AutoSteer Unlock and a Trimble Nav II controller for many years. This was with true hydraulic steering. That worked very well. I would move the display to my combine for yield monitoring. I had no desire to install or move the components for steering to the combine. I could have used the on-screen lightbar but didn't bother. The reason being that after using the system with its actual capabilities in the tractor, the work involved trying steer manually by chasing the blinking lights was a pain.

There is a setting something to the effect of "show guidance on RUN screen" that I would change to free up some space on the base RUN screen. This allowed my yield maps to show a bit more of the fields. In other words, it can do what you desire but I don't think it would be that useful. Trying to steer by using the bar display was very tiring for me. It was far easier to just look out and let my subconscious handle the steering like I'd done for years.

EZ-Steer and the Insight are not coordinated in the sense that they work together and exchange information back and forth. The Insight needs a GPS source since it does not have an Internal GPS. The GPS source can come from any number of external devices. It could be a standalone GPS system that supplies GPS information only to the Insight. The GPS can come from another device (such as EZ-Steer) that needs GPS for its own purposes but also has the ability to share it with the Insight. This would be one-way communication in that the Insight would be on the receiving end and never transfer anything back to the EZ-Steer.

The Insight would not be involved with the steering at all, the EZ-Steer could supply GPS to the Insight for its usual non steering tasks. For the Insight to be involved with steering, it would need some type of GPS source and be connected to a Nav II. The Nav II would be connected to some hydraulic steering valves. Then the Insight would be in complete control. The Insight does not control an EZ-Steer motor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)