AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best way to have Mom not drive anymore.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

sj3788
Posted 3/21/2018 19:47 (#6656747)
Subject: Best way to have Mom not drive anymore.

swohio
My Mom is almost 92. Eyes not very good a lot of the time. Dad has been gone 6 years, she lives by herself. Takes lady across the rd to grocery every other week, Walmart once in awhile. Other lady is 92 also and now not driving. She tells me she only goes to store when her eyes are good, don't believe it. I live 30min. away, have almost unless sister as far and a brother in GA.. Unless too. Sister and brother seem in denial that she is slowly slipping. Sister never has taken her Mom to doctors of any sort. I or lady from church has done it. I for most part don't talk to sister, long story. Mom doesn't drive in rain or any other bad weather, or at night and doesn't go over about 7 miles away, but very busy traffic. No accidents yet. She gets very tired just going to store. She has regular doctor visit coming in May and a eye visit then also. I'm going no matter what. Can I ask eye doctor about if she should be driving? What is best way to go about this? Wife and I can help, but mainly on the weekend. Somehow get sister to help out, she doesn't work much, should have plenty of time to help, but has no history of doing so. Sorry about long story, but maybe help to understand what best way to do this. Love having Mom be able to keep doing this, it sure helps me, but now getting really worried that something bad is going to happen. One last thing, very hard headed! Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)