AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7040 allis rad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

nick121
Posted 3/21/2018 19:45 (#6656737)
Subject: 7040 allis rad

ontario
New to me 7040 this year, just been doing some odds and ends on it last couple weeks, haven't run it very much. Noticed some coolant looks to be leaking from the rad somewhere, haven't found the exact spot but it's leaking just sitting there not even running. Haven't priced a new rad from agco but probably would be a grand and I Don't really want to spend that right now.. Probably will only put 100 hrs this year on the tractor as I have another 7040.

Anybody have any luck with the stop leak stuff? or is it a waste of time? Going to call the salvage yard to see about a used rad to get me by for a while.

Also have another question on painting, Going to spray the hood panels, Bought agco paint... I know I know most recommend automotive paint but I'm a novice painter and don't have the supplied air to be spraying with hardener etc. Dealer didn't have any agco primer on hand, Just wondering if tremclad which is same as rustoleum primer can be used before agco enamel paint?
For the most part I realize I should stick with the same brand off paint primer etc but maybe tremclad primer would work fine with agco paint?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)