AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Possible purchases... opinions, comments, pros, cons....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

young_farmer
Posted 3/21/2018 11:36 (#6655984)
Subject: Possible purchases... opinions, comments, pros, cons....

North Carolina
-- Tend roughly 800 acres of grain, 200 acres of flu-cured tobacco, and 30 acres of hay. No precision of any kind implemented yet. Looking to expand as much as possible in the future.

-- Tractors: JD 4440, 4455, 4960, 830 all in good shape and will be around for a while to come

-- Sprayers: JD 6000, 6500 (60 ft. booms, left-right manual shutoffs, manual pressure adjuster) very basic equipment, completely stock

-- Combine: no harvesting equipment except for hay and tobacco

-- Implements: JD 1760 MaxEmerge+ 30 inch 8-row planter, hay bailer, hay cutter (offset right), hay rake, various tillage equipment, tobacco bedder, transplanter, fertilizer rig,

-- Current precision being utilized: absolutely none.. zip.. nothing

-- Possible Purchases: EZ Guide 500 RTK(used) Unlocked, EZ-Steer(used), and EZ-Boom(new) for about $4,600.00 total.
1. all wiring harness, cables, etc are included and everything is said to be turn-key, plug-in and go ready!

2. the only thing I am missing is a modem I am told or I can use my phone if it is an android to connect to RTK

3. I am wanting to utilize auto-steer while planting, spraying and tilling for the most part, I also want to be able to incorporate more of the endless possibilities of precision ag down the road

-- My Questions to you guys:
1. First of all is this a good price? I think so but I am new to this stuff.

2. What capabilities will I be gaining now and possible in the future with more purchases and what will I be able to do with this setup as far as tillage, spraying, planting, mapping, planting goes(auto steer, autswath, boom control, etc)? Please be as detailed as possible here. I am not fully aware of the jargon and technical terms of this topic.

3. Is this the right route to go or am I making a mistake here?

4. Please just give me general feed back (good&bad) on this setup and your thoughts, experiences, likes, dislikes, etc.

As always thanks for inputs, ideas, and criticism in advance. Stay safe in the field guys, I know things are starting to get busy in this part of NC.

Edited by young_farmer 3/21/2018 15:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)