AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9600 vs r62
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GM Guy
Posted 3/20/2018 14:11 (#6654013 - in reply to #6653981)
Subject: RE: 9600 vs r62

NW KS/ SC ID
h1000 - 3/20/2018 12:53

This one is good too:

Look at the bin system. Gleaner: Floor auger, swivel joint, vertical auger. Done.
John Deere? floor augers, sump, vertical auger, elbow, 90 degree gearbox, horizontal auger. You cant tell me shoving grain straight up doesnt crack more. Gleaner's bin is huge from the factory, and has final drives that can take even more. JD finals are not as strong, and are more at risk when you try to get the 240 bushel bin extended to get anywhere close to the Gleaner.

If the gleaner unloading system is so great then why isn't ANYONE else using it. Even the other combines in the AGCO lineup don't use it including the new IDEAL machine. Every manufacture who use to have this unloading system has replaced it with the very system that YOU don't like.

I'm thinking manufactures with way more experience knows something that you don't?

"If the Gleaner unloading system is so great, then why isn't anyone else using it." I frankly have no idea. I wish they would though.

If people cant stomach the thought of that, they should at least run the Massey style auger, as it is also free of gearboxes and has a much more gentle flow path and is also better than the turret.

I am glad you think a manufacturer is smarter than their customers, and the customer needs to shut their trap and open the checkbook to reward the all knowing manufacturer with a purchase of their machine that hopefully has zero input from idiot farmers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)