AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD ATU troubles?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 10/3/2006 09:10 (#48416 - in reply to #48400)
Subject: Re: JD ATU troubles?

NE SD
<p>Dutch, It works very well on combines as long as it's working. We've got two of the units and the other one hasn't given any trouble. I knew there was a problem Sunday when one worked just fine and the other one was always wandering. It knew it was off 2-4' but it just wasn't doing as much as it should to correct for it. In the AM it still showed that it was set up for a combine while giving those symptoms.......in the afternoon it thought it was a tracked tractor......makes a difference in performance. Seems a software update fixed the unit.</p><p>I know what you mean about not being able to see. Soybeans are the same way, and it works very well. Also, we've got both comebines set up the same, so when we cut a hole in the field there is never that 4' strip left over when you finish up a land. Yes, I think you will be happy with it in the combine application. It has a hard time keeping a four wheel drive straight- not real good at planting corn. I would guess you will be disappointed somewhat though since you're used to running an integrated system like I was, just do to the little bit of noise, and the fact that the steering wheel is always moving at a rapid rate and you're not touching it.</p><p> </p><p> </p>

Edited by Chad H 10/3/2006 09:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)