AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Arizona Peace Trail in tiny bits
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 3/13/2018 21:04 (#6640207)
Subject: Arizona Peace Trail in tiny bits

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

We had originally planned to do this section of the Peace Trail on Saturday but it was spitting rain, so we postponed it. Monday, the weather was very mild so we did the section labeled as the Havasu Bypass. We ended up riding a bit over 30 miles one way. Not wanting to go back over territory just covered, we took Gary up on his offer to trailer us back to Havasu. The entire Peace Trail is about 750 miles of ORV trails. By my somewhat rough count, I think I've done about 100 miles of it this season.

Yesterday's section of the trail roughly followed a HV power line that runs along the base of the Mohave Mountains, just East of Havasu. Lots of up and down to the trail. The first three pics were taken at the 2000+ foot level. We started out at roughly 600 feet of elevation and approached the 2000 foot level several times and got down to the 500 foot level several times also.

First three pics, Lowell, Monument, me. We stopped for lunch near the Wing mine, east of the airport. The pic shows the assortment of vehicles that were at the mine for lunch. The Jeep and two of the RZRs came to the mine via a different route. Pretty sure the Jeep wouldn't have been able to come the way we did. The Jeep driver said his children gave him a hard time about scuffing up his fancy outfit but he just told them, that's what he bought it for and was going to use it. Last pic shows Lowell at yet another fork in the road and trying to decide whether to take it.

All in all, it was a very enjoyable ride with lots to see and nice weather to do it in.

(Lowell.jpg)

(Glenns Point.jpg)

(Ed.JPG)

(Lunch.jpg)

(Jeep.jpg)

(Wing Mine.jpg)

(Lowells Fork.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Lowell.jpg (122KB - 122 downloads)
Attachments Glenns Point.jpg (232KB - 116 downloads)
Attachments Ed.JPG (108KB - 118 downloads)
Attachments Lunch.jpg (224KB - 128 downloads)
Attachments Jeep.jpg (188KB - 108 downloads)
Attachments Wing Mine.jpg (208KB - 121 downloads)
Attachments Lowells Fork.jpg (192KB - 107 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)