AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More Christian Health Sharing questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Jay NE Ohio
Posted 3/14/2018 06:56 (#6640707 - in reply to #6640445)
Subject: RE: How is cancer handled? Treatment in MILLIONS of $$$$.

northeastern Ohio
tntfarm - 3/13/2018 22:30

In the procedural manual mentioned above there were contingencies for every imaginable scenario including the protocol to terminate a failing treatment plan. I think the question that most here are asking is "is there a procedural manual for these health share programs, and what does it say?'

As far as I know, there is no "procedural manual". Here is a quote from CHM: "If you join at the Gold level and also join Brother’s Keeper, you will have unlimited financial assistance available to you for all eligible medical bills (all eligible medical bills over $500 per incident)."

A Gold level membership costs $150 per unit (person) per month. Brothers Keeper members send a quarterly designated gift amount (average amount: $25 per membership unit) to the CHM office, where it is deposited in an audited escrow account. There is also a $40 annual, nonrefundable fee per membership.

As a member, YOU are the one that decides the treatment protocol.

On a related note: I was watching an episode of the TV show called "The Resident" (FOX). In this episode, one patient was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. He wanted to go home and spend some quality time with his wife. The oncologist wanted him to begin treatment at her clinic immediately. The "resident" doctor advised the patient that there was NO chance of a cure and the treatment would only prolong his life by 5 weeks, if it didn't kill him first. He would also suffer from the effects of the treatment. The PATIENT decided to go home and spend time with his wife after hearing both sides of the story.

Should he have spent millions of insurance money to gain maybe 5 weeks of life? The oncologist thought he should.......

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)