AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field by Field Breakeven software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

HarvestProfit
Posted 2/24/2018 18:23 (#6602491 - in reply to #6602186)
Subject: RE: Post is deleted

I understand where you're coming from.

I buy a lot of software to run our business. Subscription software is leaps and bounds better than the couple older pieces of software we use.

Subscription/cloud software can make rapid improvements based on user feedback. Much of the older software I've used simply gets clunky and slow. Not to mention the fact that most computers need to be replaced every year or two and having to re-download software from smaller companies can be a pain in the butt.

I have questions about the future of FieldViews business model (I'm skeptical of remote seed/fertility scripts) but it's hard to question their drive to keep improving the product. They are rapidly improving their offering to the benefit of customers old and new, thanks to a subscription model. I'm personally not a fan of getting people to buy in only to raise the price. Farming isn't a large enough market to allow you to anger your most loyal early adopters.

Back in Microsoft's Hay day they were highly incented to make you upgrade to the latest Windows or Office every couple years so it ended up being a hybrid of a subscription offering.

We may add something to our Terms of Service that forces us to keep the same price for our users for a lengthy period of time reducing your concern.

Thank you for your feedback.

Edited by HarvestProfit 2/24/2018 18:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)