AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Illegal to spread manure on soys in Iowa???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 10/2/2006 07:13 (#48187 - in reply to #48165)
Subject: As a matter of interest

Little River, TX

Any number of growers in the East may like to provide you with enough moisture to keep you humidity above 30% day or night.

As a matter of interest, probably going into the second cutting next year, pull some tissue samples and test for molybdenum.

A number of years ago I was seeing nitrogen deficiency, and just for grins had a tissue analysis run and it was in the .05 ppm Mo range. Used maybe a half pound of Ammonium Dimolybdate 56.5% Mo and took care of that.

Background; 20 or more years ago the Western Editor for Progressive Farmer magazine had an article about an alfalfa grower near Artesia, NM using tissue analysis determined he had an excess of phosphate but needed a micronutrient. (Manganese I believe) He reduced his phosphate fertilization to half the 150 lbs P2O5 that was customary in the area. His production went from 6 T/A to 8 T/A, with the same amount of water. I have been sampling for tissue analysis ever since. Nothing so dramatic for me, but it did result in my realizing good old TAMU's standard soil test levels for potash were, and still are, a third of what we need to see in our clay soils.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)