AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

delete
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Bruce NW Ia
Posted 2/16/2018 19:25 (#6582957 - in reply to #6582793)
Subject: RE: Delay SS from 62 to 70 "basically doubles".......??

Cherokee County, Northwest Iowa
Scottjoe-I think we were considering 62 to 70, not your 66 to 70. I tried accessing my social security account, but since i am > 62, i didn't have access to my specific case of numbers, but i did go into the literature, and found two different examples, and that is where i came up with the 76% increase. Can't find and am too lazy to look for my wife's account, since she is younger her numbers would be available. Point well taken-if i remember correctly, for every year you delay it past your full retirement age, you pick up an annual 8% increase. Where else can you get an 8% guaranteed return nowadays is the expert's advice. But then i get to looking at my family genetics, comparing their life long vices vs. mine, when they passed, figure out the breakeven age, and then watch my younger sister fighting the Big C, .........................this is where a good friend would tell me that i am probably just over-thinking something again.

When all said and done, it is just a crap shoot anyway. Always remember that college professor who would stare at the radiograph of some lame horse's hock for the longest time, take a big gulp of his lukewarm coffee, lean back in his chair, take a big ol' drag on his cigarette, and proclaim "Pay your money, and take your chances." Regards, bruce.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)