AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

using my yield map for silage compensation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

brad
Posted 10/1/2006 14:59 (#48067 - in reply to #47978)
Subject: Re: using my yield map for silage compensation

Central Kansas
The silage started drying up at the end of harvest. It started to rain about the time they began my fields. One field received over four inches of rain. It was pretty ugly there for a well.

The issue here is fair compensationfor both parties. Neither party is at odds with the other. We are both on good terms. We both agreed on paying for corn at its grain value. In my mind I thought that the yield history would be an equitable way to establish value. I did the math and was surpirsed of the outcome even though it is in my favor.

Before harvesting the corn for silage I knew of the pitfalls espcially compaction, loss of organic matter, fertility and loss af yield maps. I still tried to help someone in need yet do not want to adversly effect anyones pocketbook.

Maybe I should query the strips with some older yield maps and see how those strips in previous years compared with the overall average of the field.

I have told the feedlot manager that I am not interested in silage next year. It just isn't worth all the hassles.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)