AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Guidance for JD 4450
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ericlit
Posted 2/13/2018 07:41 (#6574573 - in reply to #6573308)
Subject: RE: Guidance for JD 4450

NE Indiana
I'm in a similar situation having just purchased an Insight to use as a yield monitor in the combine. For planting we use EZ Guide 500 and EZ Steer on RTK. From my understanding the Insight needs to have the Autopilot unlock to control any steering. Ours does not have this and it is no longer offered by Ag Leader as an activation for purchase. Even if we did purchase our Insight with this unlock on it the steering options that are compatible with the Insight are very limited from my understanding.

I'm looking to go a similar route as 560highcrop mentioned in regards to collecting planting data on the Insight. I plan to output my NMEA data from my 500 to my Insight. Not ideal having another screen in the tractor but I believe this is my only option with the equipment I have on hand. You may need to do something similar. 560highcrop - Can you share how you connected your 500 and Insight together? Did you use the aux port or the com port to output the GPS data? I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything I need to do this from a cable perspective.

I will also say we have been extremely happy with our EZ Steers. Seeing you have a 250 you could add an EZ Steer and do something similar to what I am doing. As for RTK vs. WAAS there really is no comparison. RTK gives you the 0-1" accuracy all the time whereas WAAS will have 6-8" pass to pass accuracy which can be quite a bit of error at times. The most cost effective way to get to RTK with your 250 would be to purchase a 252 or a 262 receiver unlocked to RTK and utilize a cellular correction service or your state's CORs network if available. We utilize the Indiana CORs network for free and it works great!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)