AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drone software question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

DeereSpurs
Posted 3/1/2018 18:29 (#6613587 - in reply to #6558143)
Subject: RE: Drone software question

South Central IL
We got a Phantom 4 Pro at the end of last summer to snap some pictures of dicamba damage. I bought from Crop Copter, but would not recommend their software to a rabid dog. I was never able to get it to map a whole field without "losing" pictures in the process (after which there is no option to go back and retake the missing pictures). They were also always behind on updates and it just never worked right. I am using DroneDeploy now with an offline image processing software called DroneMapper. We have satellite internet with a data cap, so online processing is not an option for us and aside from that, I don't care to have all my data stored on a server at a location unbeknownst to me. I have only demoed the DroneMapper software, but it worked really well. It lined all the images up perfectly where you could see the sprayer tracks straight across the beans. Since I don't have DroneDeploy process the images, that part is completely free. The Drone Mapper software is a one-time $500 (up to 400 images per map) or $2,000 (up to 1,000 images per map) fee depending on which license you select. There is no limit to how many maps you can generate which is not the case with any of the other solutions I have come across. Looking forward to checking it out more this season.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)