AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What to do along trees??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nebfarmer
Posted 1/23/2018 07:22 (#6525028 - in reply to #6524963)
Subject: RE: What to do along trees??

SE Nebraska, Near Misery and Cans Ass!

bharzman - 1/23/2018 06:27 Contact your local wildlife in parks. They may have a root shank you can borrow. We go along our tree areas when we have a break in crops and remember to do it. This thing will go in the ground about 3 feet. We travel one way with it half in the ground, turn around and drop it the rest of the way coming back. Just low gear creeping along. How ever far out the branches extend into your field, is how far the roots are out into your field. Wildlife, find a hunting club about all you can do there. Trees you can manage, deer you can harvest.

My experience with the root plow is thousands of suckers come up and if you treat them with tordon it will kill the trees. If that is your goal it probably won't hurt them but if someone wants them it will! Local business bought two huge tame Locust trees in a yard when they gave the homeowner RTU to treat the sprouts in his yard. That said I've treated hundreds of Honey Locust stumps up to 30 inches in diameter and if I manage to kill the stump a ring of sprouts anywhere from 10 to 30 ft from the stump appear in a couple years.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)