AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SMS or not?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 1/21/2018 22:07 (#6522330 - in reply to #6520037)
Subject: RE: SMS or not?

East Central, Nebraska
i have used sms for years, i know for a fact far worst software packages exist and i have recently come to see maybe some better ones that exist. you might look into gk technology i think the website is gktechinc.com. i ran into a guy from that company at a farm show that showed me others are not worth a two dollar bill. they seem to take the angle of bringing multiple sources of maps into your exact situation (and location) and providing you with a level of service you may not get from sms. like i said i have had decent luck with agleader but i am self taught and likely not fully utilizing the software because i have never utilized the training sessions because they were not really focused for my particular needs at that time.

i have no idea if other companies such as agleader utilize multiple map sources or not. before talking to gk at the farm show i thought usda or google maps was what i had to work with and that is it. they showed me so much more then i ever thought was possible in the few minutes we had to visit regarding zones and such. i know i need to follow up with them. i would recommend you look that way also for a few minutes of info if your just starting out it may open your eyes as it did mine. seems to me they may have some ideas to jumpstart you from the beginning.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)