AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I thought we haven't had bad winds this winter .....(pic)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AGB
Posted 1/20/2018 19:30 (#6519698 - in reply to #6519687)
Subject: RE: I thought we haven't had bad winds this winter .....(pic)

Mid-Michigan
BOGTROTTER - 1/20/2018 19:24

AGB, by the time the program was in full sign up mode I had been converted into a Civil Engineering Tech. and no longer was active in providing any support for this and similar programs. I do know that the 150 ft. width is not supported by the calculations in the filter strip standard, it was a gift to D.U. and Pheasants Forever by a Saginaw County Executive director who was a hunting fanatic. Apparently cats, dogs and coyotes are too stupid to find any tasty morsels in that wide a filter strip.

As to the reason for not renewing a existing contract, I haven't the foggiest idea. If you are who I think you are and your location, I can see the need for filter strips (at least as wide as the filter strip standard calculations support plus the allowance to make them work with equipment widths etc.)

I left a little strip by each ditch. I believed in them and thought they served their purpose. If I can figure out a way to post the letter I received, I will. Our local director, I believe had something to do with this. She seems to be a very miserable woman.

Edited by AGB 1/20/2018 20:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)