AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 2630 Display Issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 1/21/2018 09:52 (#6520581 - in reply to #6518692)
Subject: RE: JD 2630 Display Issues

TouchScreenRepair - 1/20/2018 09:29

good morning, you are correct. we do provide the JD 2600 touch screens. we currently have a JD 2630 in house that needs service. just looking at our options for the customer and from what we understand there are not a lot of cost effective options for the end user. we are also investigating providing the JD 2630 display repairs for customers in the future. I apologize if you are receiving the unwanted JD 2600 touch screen repair emails. if you would like to be removed, please provide your email address and we'll remove you promptly. have a nice weekend.

What is the process by which you acquire touch screens for the repairs?

Do you contact various screen mfg's and send them an actual JD screen and ask them to make one compatible with it? Are you able to change specifications to make the replacement screen more or less reliable than replacement screens or are they basically an exact copy? For example, in mid February the Deere repair program for the 2630 is supposed to have an updated touchscreen that will not leak like the old ones did. Maybe an air gap instead of gell?

I have a 2630 in need of repair. Would have normally chosen AgExpress but I think they are $1,000 and offer a 3 month warranty while Deere is now $850 and offers a 1 year warranty. In addition, since I plan to wait until late Feb or early March I hope to have the updated touchscreen. Perhaps it will last longer.

That being said, if someone offered one that was significantly cheaper (say $200) and was the updated style, I would probably buy that instead and install it myself. Just finished installing my own with an AgLeader Insight and it was pretty easy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)