AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Automatic oiler on baler
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

hay-okie
Posted 1/18/2018 10:29 (#6514175 - in reply to #6514122)
Subject: RE: Automatic oiler on baler

I presume you are referring to a greaser to automatically lube your grease points with NLGI 2, and this is a round baler. Greasers are wonderful inventions and the concept of having a centralized grease system on a machine is fantastic, and works very well on industrial machinery. I work them all the time in the day job. But, unless you are cranking out 5,000+ bales per year I would find it hard to justify on a baler. These are industrial grease systems and come with an industrial price - you are talking well over half the cost of the baler to install a greaser system. The greaser itself will cost about $3,000. There are 3 brands on the market - Graco, BEKA, and Lincoln. All are about the same, comes down to personal preference. Then you have all of the lines and misc. fittings. For as many grease points as there are on the baler, you are talking roughly $3,000 for a hose kit. You also need divider blocks to distribute the grease accurately into each individual line. Probably throw in another $500 for that. Then you need a control system. Timer is probably best for a baler. This probably isn't too hard but I would say at least $500 more to do that. And then you need a pneumatic grease gun/canister thing - I don't know what the proper term is for it. That's what you use to fill the greaser. I don't know what those cost exactly but probably in the realm of $1,000. I can't remember if they are 55 gallons in size or less than that - they are on a dolly so they can be moved, and you can't easily pick them up. Again, these are awesome systems - but you need to be making a LOT of hay to justify it on something as small as a baler. Greasers generally make more sense on very large machines and in fleets where there are multiple machines that need to be greased simultaneously and frequently.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)