AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Township problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

coup
Posted 1/18/2018 06:47 (#6513628 - in reply to #6513284)
Subject: RE: Not a state problem, is trustee problem to fix

USA
TD15 - 1/17/2018 21:20

My wife is the road commissioner for our township and since she took over we started to use the truck shop that I take my farm semi to for repairs. Mostly because of his experience and he is a straight shooter. Well because we missed the deadline of the last meeting for bill approval he had to wait for it to be submitted for this month. Well in the meantime our township supervisor resigned and some other shenanigans the bill even though it was approved to be paid can't be until another supervisor can be approved. This could take up to another sixty days before the township can pay any bills. This means our mechanic would probably have to carry us from the beginning of December till the March meeting. My wife is probably going to pay our plow driver out of pocket until then and I'm wondering if I should should cover the truck repairs until I can get reimbursed. I don't want to have any hard feelings because of our slow moving township. This guy is good and I want him to continue to give me the good service he has in the past. I can't believe there are no emergency provisions to pay the bills in these types of situations. The lawyers from down state says nobody else other than the supervisor can write the checks for the township. The worst part is he called me this afternoon to make his bill was approved and I told him he would probably have a check in the mail by the weekend. When my wife came home I found out that things had changed today. Illinois is a wonderful state.

Special township meeting needs called, trustees need to appoint new supervisor. TD 15 sounds like you could offer your service to fill the spot of Supervisor, problem solved.

Your Township problem is mild compared to Chesterfield Township.

No audit of township founds in 13 years. No withholding taxes paid to IRS and ILL in 13 years. Transfer of Township funds to other Township funds without authority to do so. Still unclear what exactly all went on. Former Supervisor and her husband gave township around $120,000 to help clean up the mess. When questioned about township audits Macoupin County Clerk said that if he didn't have audit on file, township wouldn't get motor fuel money. Chesterfield hadn't gave County Clerk a copy of audit for 13 years but still got the. motor fuel money.

Currently have four new trustees and a new supervisor in Chesterfield Township, as the previous ones decided not to run again last election.

https://law.justia.com/codes/illinois/2005/chapter13/11944.html
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)