AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 460 as a remote Flowmeter display
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/17/2018 14:42 (#6512030 - in reply to #6511908)
Subject: RE: Raven 460 as a remote Flowmeter display

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
kgbarnett22 - 1/17/2018 01:41

The raven flowmax is what I would ideally like but figured might as well use the parts I have. I never thought about the flow capacity of the meter I have I will need to look at that. We have a flowmax at my work. I really like it except the fact that the auto off feature is set way to short. Most times mixing chemicals and the meter shuts off and I forget to turn it back on.

Yes, it can go sleep before you are done with it. This happens to me. I fill in the yard but with all the ingredients that some tank mixes take. I some tiimes need to pause part way through mixing a batch. I might run in one product in through the inductor but then stop so that the tanks don't get full before I get all the next ingredients into the inductor. Before I open the valve to let products in again I check the Flowmax to be certain that it hasn't gone to sleep. I find it works better to use my fingernail to push the buttons rather than trying to push straight in with my fat fingers.

With a Raven display running off of 12V this would not be a problem since it would not put itself to sleep and could be On all day long. The display would have two gallon totals where the Flowmax has three but I rarely use them anyway. I misplaced mine one day and went to the dealership and to buy another since I use it for every batch.. They didn't have a flowmax on hand but did have the Banjo equivalent. It works but I prefer the Raven. Later I found it out behind my shed. I don't know how it got there but now I have two. I continue to use the Raven.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)