AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 460 as a remote Flowmeter display
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/17/2018 13:14 (#6511855 - in reply to #6511543)
Subject: RE: Raven 460 as a remote Flowmeter display

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
With a 440 or 450 that have a Master and boom switches, you could just use the normal display cable. With the older style from the first displays, the connector on the end of this cable will plug right into a flow meter. If the display cable you have available has a 16 pin connector on both ends. You could use an implement cable that goes from the 16 pin to the 3 pin for the flow meter.

If you have neither, the pins used are 11,12 and 13 and a stub could be directly wired to those pins. The order is important. Speed is not necessary but the Master and a section switch need to be turned On They need not be connected to real valves such as they would in a real sprayer.

Since a 460 does not have built in boom switches, when one is used with a sprayer there would have been an external switchbox. That switchbox would be fine if available. If not you could just splice a wire on to the red wire (12V) put in a switch and connect the other side of the switch to the black wire in a Raven display cable. The black wire is for boom section 1 and goes to Pin 6. The switch may not even be necessary and it could be wired Hot at all times. I think I would put in the switch in case you didn't want it counting gallons. You would use the flow meter cal number stamped on the flow meter. You would need to enter numbers to complete programming but their values wouldn't matter. Set the 460 rate switch to manual to avoid any alarms.

The flow meter you have on hand would likely work. The Raven would need a 12V power source. If the vehicle has 12V just use that. If this is a permanent location, then use a battery with a charger attached.

I thought about doing this since I have a 450 available. Instead I use a Raven FlowMax which is one of their flowmeters with a battery powered display. I use it to make all my batches. I have a Male and Female Banjo coupler on it so I can place it inline where ever there is a male/female junction. I couldn't seem to find a picture today.

Edited by tedbear 1/17/2018 13:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)