AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Excel spreadsheet faulty?? Sorry, longish post
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

kwk
Posted 1/17/2018 10:07 (#6511501)
Subject: Excel spreadsheet faulty?? Sorry, longish post

Hi all,
Ok, so I'm quite certain it's not faulty but looking for a little help here. We have a small corporation for buying irrigation NG and distributing to our local meters. We use a spreadsheet to enter deduct meter reads and calculate billing. We just created a tab per month and then have a yearly total tab, using info pulled from cells in the other 12 tabs.

So the total usage for the year in the totals tab does not line up with the usage when figured back by hand. Out of 21 rows(i.e. billing), 4 of them show higher usage than actual. The other 17 are right. I have been through each month tab and looked at the numbers and formulas. Also have painstakingly checked the formulas on the year total tab. NOTHING seems out of place.

The other strange thing is, of those 4 lines wrong, we are actually dealing with only 2 meters, as the ground is crop share, so a bill goes to LL and tenant both. I have checked the LL/tenant split columns and everything is in order there.

I am the first to admit I am not a spreadsheet guru, but numbers always work, too!! :) I am completely baffled.
Not sure if I explained myself clearly, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Kendall

edit to add- I just added up the total dollars billed on a couple of the rows in question, and the dollars are spot on. Natural gas usage total is the only problem here, I think. The column of totals isn't necessarily vital to our corporation, but having a total page to go to at year end helps tremendously, and I don't feel like I can trust the numbers it spits out till I find the problem!!!!
Also to clarify, we are not pulling numbers from other spreadsheets, only from other tabs in the same spreadsheet.

Edited by kwk 1/17/2018 10:22

Attachments
----------------
Attachments problem spreadsheet 2017.xlsx (219KB - 363 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)