AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Floor heat question!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

notil750
Posted 1/15/2018 21:46 (#6508311)
Subject: Floor heat question!!

North Dakota
We are building a new House shop, it's 40x90 with the 40x40 shop and 50x40 house with a loft!! 16' sidewall.. We put in floor heat through the main floor in the cement! They figured a 70,000 btu boiler and an 80,000 btu forced air furnace to eual 150k btu and they figured I needed 120k to heat building.. we figured in a furnace as a secondary source n floor heat as our main!! Problem we see now is the building is 80% insulated and the concrete slab is all insulated and we have the boiler going for a week now and the supply will only hang around 80 degrees and fluctuating from 79 to 83 and the target is 120 degrees, thermostat is set for 65, air temp during the day gets to 50 and 45 in the morning, sounds like they want to use the furnace and floor heat in tandem together, I just figured it as a backup to the floor heat, should I look at upgrading the boiler to 110k btu or will this setup work fine? I wanted to just use the floor heat the majority of the time!! Just putting up drywall now in the construction phase!.... Few people I've talked to with floor heat around here say it's all they use, their backups hardly ever get used... Tia
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)