AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using addresses from Excel.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tigger
Posted 1/15/2018 15:28 (#6507294 - in reply to #6507204)
Subject: RE: Using addresses from Excel.......

Iowa
I've not noticed the mail module in Word because I really don't use Word that much. Excel could have something like that for all I know, but I'm usually too busy reinventing the wheel to see stuff like that.

I used the Excel table function and put all the addresses in a table on one of the sheets in my accounting workbook. The addresses copy and paste easily from the table to the check template sheet in that same accounting spreadsheet workbook. The address portion of the table has four columns: Name, address line 1, address line 2, address line 3 (if needed). Another feature of the table function is that it will alphabetize the address list with just a couple clicks. The desired address is pasted to a specific cell on the check printing template. It will paste to that cell and the next three horizontal cells, one address line per cell like this:

Name Address line 1 Address line 2 Address line 3 (if needed)

The check template will pull from those four cells to print the address as needed on the check stub so that it will show through the window on the envelope and look like this:

Name
Address Line 1
Address Line 2
Address Line 3 (if needed)

It's pretty crude, but it works. You could probably do something like that for your letters written in Excel.

Edit: Now that you mention it, I think I'll add a blank letterhead sheet to the workbook so it will be right there with one click instead of having to go to Word to get one.

Edited by tigger 1/15/2018 15:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)