AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Divorce Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

spx4410
Posted 1/17/2018 13:43 (#6511913 - in reply to #6511636)
Subject: RE: Divorce Question

Sunny side of the Moose Mountains
Was in a very similar situation as you 4 years ago next month
Not sure what to say, other than keep your head up, keep your mind straight and life will get better!
Have 3 Kids here, son (8 at the time) stayed with me and she took the girls (7 and 11). Was a unique situation as the kids were split up. But was best for them as he was always with me and with the help of my parents, we made it work.

She had moved on instantly or if not even beforehand. I got my life back together and have met a great girl and am still taking the next relationship very slowly. Just enjoying life and making up for what i feel was a lost 12 years of marriage. It Was a rough couple of years not seeing my girls very often and I’m sure I was bad mouthed around them all the time. But karma comes around. My girls are spending more and more time with me, (old enough no to see the truth) son hardly ever wants to go to his mothers, and she’s now single, and will by e for a long time (long story) and is always trying to talk to or text me. I don’t want to have anything to do with her. She’s realized what she had, and is seeing how my life is gong great and hers is spiralling out of control.

Divorce was finalized last may. I managed to keep my farm together and can move forward now. Im a firm believer if they leave once, they’ll leave again. As much as you want to get back together with her, for you and your sons sake, don’t do it! The trust issue will never be the same, plus its a false hope for the kids.

One more note.
Don’t feel ashamed, embarrassed or feel failure. I did that until i went to town for kids hockey game one night and looked around at the crowd. Right then and there I realized that unfortunately 40% or more of the crowd had already been divorced or were in the process of one. You aren’t the first this has happpend to and for sure wont be the last.

Good luck. Just remember life is too short to worry about things that are out of your control.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)