AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Divorce Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

sweetcorn70
Posted 1/15/2018 21:23 (#6508247 - in reply to #6506886)
Subject: RE: Divorce Question

I recommend finding a good therapist. I moved out in June, divorce was final a few days after thanksgiving. It had been coming for a long time. Between finding church and my therapist I found what I needed, someone to listen and help me work through my thoughts and feelings. You might look into a program called "DivorceCare". It is a 12 week(I think) small group that some churches put on. It has a lot of good advice and is a good place to find someone who understands what you are going through. They also have a daily email list you can sign up for which sends you different tidbits every day about how to deal with things.

I consider myself extremely lucky in the grand scheme of things. My ex and I get along probably better now than we ever did in 8 years of marriage. We share custody. I probably should have fought harder for some things but in the grand scheme of things I like to think our situation is 100X better than the way I grew up. My mom talked about my dad and how big of a POS he was every chance she got. I have forgiven her, but I'll never forget. Don't be like that. I wish I had advice on how to deal with the fact that she is already seeing someone. I don't. I would pray about it and put it in God's hands. I'll be praying for you.

Mike
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)