AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mavic pro vs phantom
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

potentialag
Posted 1/15/2018 09:50 (#6506494 - in reply to #6506392)
Subject: RE: Mavic pro vs phantom

Dwight IL
Personally I fly fields with my magnum all the time. Being a dealer, ive flown most everything from the Inspire 1 to the Spark but the Mavic seems to be a good fit for farm use plus its economical. Theres no doubt that the Phantom 4 pro has arguably the best picture quality for the money with the 20mp camera, but the Mavic has a great 12mp camera that spots everything I have needed to see in my fields. The big drawback youll have with a mavic vs phantom is the fact that you use a phone instead of a tablet to view what the drone sees while in flight. That can be a drawback for some folks when flying the fields for small stress areas, but usually inst a problem. As for the Mavic Pro vs a Platinum, dont waste your $ on a Platinum. They claim very slightly longer flights and quieter flights, but neither are enough to justify the increased price. Add in the fact that DJI is strongly rumored to release a new version of the Mavic on Jan 23rd, called the Mavic Air, which is supposed to be a touch smaller than the current Mavis, my advice is to either wait for the new version and see if it fits your needs, or get the Mavic Pro with the fly more kit. (Buying the fly more kit is much cheaper than not buying it and adding accessories later on). Just my 0.02, have a great day!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)