AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn Pre on spiking no-till corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

coup
Posted 1/14/2018 08:14 (#6503759 - in reply to #6503113)
Subject: RE: Corn Pre on spiking no-till corn

USA
NEILFarmer - 1/13/2018 18:54

We have always sprayed our corn pre-emergence herbicide after planting, 95% of time this was shortly after planting and worked just fine. Seems every year there is field that I can't get sprayed before corn starts spiking and can't be sprayed with normal burndown, lately been using sharpen/RU. Rain delay is quickest way that can happen sometimes cold windy conditions or all of the above. Back when we were conventional tillage we used Volley ATZ or similar and if corn was spiking we lost corn on turns but it was OK and didn't hurt corn, could miss a weed or two but unlikely. When first switched to No-till we could add RU and when RU worked could get clean field. That doesn't work so well anymore and i'm just wondering what best option would be in those situations would be? I'm switching to verdict on all our strip till fields this year for burndown and residual all in one so that can't be sprayed after corn is spiking. I will have Volley ATZ on hand for few conventional till fields i can switch to quickly. I will have callisto on hand for post wondered if i could use 1.5-2 quarts of Volley and 3oz Callisto in that situation or what is best plan B? Thanks in advance.

Would skip the Verdict or Keystone(Volley)- Callisto programs and go with 3.2 oz Anthem Max, 3 oz Gen Callisto, Atrazine, Rup, pre or spike.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)