AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Optimum striptill speed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 1/13/2018 20:22 (#6503192 - in reply to #6502931)
Subject: RE: Optimum striptill speed

Morris, IL
Every soil will be different by a lot and fall or spring will make an even bigger difference. And just field conditions, long term no-till will pull easier then conventional, yes i said long term no-till will pull easier then conventional till. Run a CIH MX285 on 12 row Redball and i would say run between 5-6mph 95% of the time and i'm OK with that. I was afraid what adding Montag would do this year and was shocked didn't even know it was there really. I run 6" give or take 95% of the time, don't really find deeper does better job if anything it's worse. Sometimes have to go 7-8" to get a berm but very rare. I did a field custom once was bit lighter dirt i think i ran most of that field at 7.5mph was better strip but i think that has more to do with lighter soil. Did field in spring once ran 7.5mph all day didn't even know it was back there, we run almost all fall.

Some rows need lots of speed and HP, i know niffty ag i'm told are one of them, i know of 2x 16 row rigs pulled by 650hp and have really good luck.

Edited by NEILFarmer 1/13/2018 20:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)