AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WIC "Women, Infants, Children" program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

farmer45
Posted 1/13/2018 03:36 (#6500903 - in reply to #6500827)
Subject: RE: WIC "Women, Infants, Children" program

Washington Co Ks
The schools push applying for free or reduced meals because the more low income kids the school has the more money the school gets. You can't always tell what some ones income is by how they spend their money. Some people have different priorities then others. Some may want a nice house and others will live in a shack in order to drive a new car. Some do without in order to save up for later while others live paycheck to paycheck. I never wanted to spend everything because as a farmer I never knew what my next paycheck would be or what unexpected expense would come up. When I got married most of my wife's family had good jobs and they determined if they could afford something by if they had enough money in the bank to pay for it as they had another paycheck coming in a week or two and they knew how much it would be. Having said what I did I do recognize that there always people who feel no guilt at cheating and taking advantage of programs meant to help the needy. I have an ex daughter-in-law who lived in one county and had an old house in another. She would get help from both counties by using both addresses.

One thing in Kansas that you need to be carful about when accepting help for children is that some of the programs have a connection with an outfit called Kansas Children's Service League. This is an organization that you want to avoid if at all possible. They are an evil group. They were so brazen as to admit that they tried to take my son's kids away because of my publicly criticizing them. The judge asked if that was all they had and throw the case out. I have yet to talk to anyone who had dealings with them and had a good word to say about them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)