AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WIC "Women, Infants, Children" program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

grainbinder
Posted 1/13/2018 14:12 (#6502253 - in reply to #6502206)
Subject: RE: WIC "Women, Infants, Children" program

western WI
paul the original - 1/13/2018 13:53

If the best possible social program ever included a paragraph that 'put down' recipricants in any small, slight way, people would raise hell and make them change it.

This paragraph, as presented, puts down people not in the program. In a small, slight way.

As such, no matter how wonderful and important and valuable the entire program is, and how much we need and should support the program as a society.....

This one paragraph is a poor thing.

In no way, shape, or form should we end WIC because of this one paragraph, in no way does it invalidate any of the good the program does.

That paragraph is poorly written, and should be changed to be more inclusive of all of society and all people. Currently it talks down to some people.

I would think you would agree with that, and understand wanting a govt program to be more inclusive and tolerant of all people in a society.

That is all I would want from it. A more equal view of people in society. It would only take a few words changed, no changes to the program itself, just a change in how that writer precieves society. It is a small thing, but over time repeating these inequalities makes them stand out and become barbs, and then become offensive. Might as well nip it early on, than to become ingrained in society. We have way too many examples of how small things grow and become ingrained.

Paul
Did you read the actual quote then? Who do you think was responsible for the content and gave it a pass? Yeh, it does offend me in the sense that if you are not signed up, your substandard and destined to fail w/o the government. Just like Obama once said, "If you have a business , you didn't build that, someone else made that happen". And he meant the someone else was government.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)